Chili is always a great idea for dinnertime. Here is a vegetarian chili recipe to one that sounds amazing! Chili also makes amazing leftovers.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bottle beer (or chicken/vegetable broth)
- 3 (15 oz. each) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15 oz.) cans diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo, chopped
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- optional toppings: chopped fresh cilantro, diced avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa
Heat oil in a large saucepan or stockpot over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes until translucent, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and continue sautéing for 2 minutes until fragrant. Add the beer (or broth), black beans, diced tomatoes and green chiles, chipotle in adobo, cumin, chili powder, oregano, and salt. Stir to combine.
Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for at least 10 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Serve warm, garnished with optional toppings.
For more information visit: http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/smoky-black-bean-chili/